The Assessment and Taxation Department is responsible for a variety of tasks: appraisals of both real and personal property; keeping track of ownership of land; mailing tax statements; and collecting taxes to be turned over to the Finance Department. This Department keeps track of 43,758 properties within the County. Staff is responsible for insuring the accuracy of assessed values and assigning values to newly created parcels. The reappraisal of these properties is an ongoing process. We calculate a tax levy for each of the 64 districts each year. This includes cities, schools, Fire Districts, Cemetery Districts and a variety of other taxing authorities, who use the tax roll to generate their revenue source. The Director of A&T certifies a total assessed value each year. Once the roll has been certified, the tax statements can be generated and money collected. The Taxation side of this department collects the tax money and figures the allocation of all tax dollars to each district
Umatilla County Assessment information now available online.
Click here to look up your Property taxes online Taxes will be updated after October 25th of any given year. Please Note: For accurate figures on property within multiple tax district code areas, AKA: combined split codes, please call the Assessor office 541-278-6219.
Umatilla County has the following described properties, acquired for delinquent taxes or other means by Umatilla County, available for sale. The County will be accepting sealed written bids on the properties through 5:00 p.m., June 1, 2020. After that date, the bids will be opened and submitted to the Board of Commissioners for consideration. The interests have not been examined for easements or liens. The County will not warrant or defend the title or interest offered for sale to be free of defect or encumbrance. Bidder will take the property AS IS, in its present condition, and subject to any easements or exceptions of record, lack of access, zoning limitations and contamination. The County reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to remove any property from the sale at any time. The minimum bid listed is for the price at the auction. At this time, the County may accept lower bids than the minimum amount, provided the amount is not lower than 15% of the amount at the auction. Please contact 541-278-6215 or 541-278-6208 if there are any questions. The form for a written bid follows the lists of properties.
1. Hermiston Area - Tax Lot 4N2810AB-500; Account #120290; Minimum bid $20,290; Located in the 900 block of N. 1st Place, in the City of Hermiston; Lot size is approximately .25 acres; Zoned M-1.
2. Hermiston Area - Tax Lot 4N2816AD-17100; Account #162211; Minimum bid $87,220; Located at 1234 W. Joseph Avenue, in the City of Hermiston; Lot size is approximately .12 acres; Zoned R-4.
3. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 5N3502AB-5200; Account #110793; Minimum bid $70,260; Located at 912 Evans Street, in the City of Milton-Freewater; Lot size is approximately .12 acres; Zoned R-2.
4. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 5N3501CB-202; Account #109953; Minimum bid $9,900; Located in the 200 block of N Columbia Street/Highway 11, in the City of Milton-Freewater; Lot size is approximately .07 acres; Zoned C-1.
5. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 5N3501CB-#207; Account #142028; Minimum bid $16,160; Located in the 200 block of N Columbia Street/Highway 11, in the City of Milton-Freewater; Lot size is approximately .06 acres; Zoned C-1.
6. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 5N3501CB-208; Account #153034; Minimum bid $59,840; Located in the 200 block of N Columbia Street/Highway 11, in the City of Milton-Freewater; Lot size is approximately .47 acres; Zoned C-1.
7. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 6N3524B-302; Account #113525; Minimum bid $40,000; Located between Highway 11 and Tum-a-Lum Road, in the City of Milton-Freewater; Lot size is .52 acres; Zoned RR-2.
8. Milton-Freewater Area – Tax Lot 6N36-#5500A1, IMPROVEMENT ONLY – grain elevator; Account #110690; Minimum bid $750; Located on Elliott Road, near the City of Milton-Freewater.
9. Pendleton Area – Tax Lot 2N3202CC-3400; Account #102645; Minimum bid $112,860; Located at 418 SE Byers Avenue, in the City of Pendleton; Lot size is .08 acres; Zoned R-2.
10. Pendleton Area – Tax Lot 2N3214CC-9000; Account #162993; Minimum bid $37,800; Located at 1801 SW 1st Street, in the City of Pendleton; Lot size is .16; Zoned R-1.
11. Pilot Rock Area – Tax Lot 1S3217DB-1214; Account #105822; Minimum bid $1,530; Located adjacent to SW 6th Street, in the City of Pilot Rock. Lot size is approximately .13 acres; Zoned R-1.
12. Weston Area – Tax Lot 4N3522CA-#1500; Account #125853; Minimum bid $39,490; Located at 302 S Washington Street, in the City of Weston. Lot size is approximately .33 acres; Zoned R-Gen.